NEGLEY POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
*****NEW THIS YEAR!*****
- School starts at 7:30 am.
- Attendance notes must be received within 5 school days.
- HaysCISD schools will not accept meal delivery services.
- Transportation Changes will only be accepted as a last resort for unforeseen circumstances. All students must have a set dismissal schedule on file with their teacher.
- Doors open at 7:00 am.
- Breakfast is served until 7:25.
- School starts and the tardy bell rings at 7:30. The car rider line doors will close at 7:30 - You will need to drop your child off at the front of the school if you arrive after that.
- All hallways will be open for family drop-off from 7:00 - 7:25. Visitors may only enter through the front doors. You must stop at the front office with proper ID and receive your name badge first.
- After checking in, from 7:00 – 7:15 parents may drop their students off at the Shipyard (gym) doors, or cafeteria for breakfast and say goodbye; from 7:15-7:25 parents may drop their students off at their classroom door and say goodbye.
- If your student stays home due to illness, please contact Nurse Jill before returning to school. 512-268-8501 or email@example.com
- If your student is absent, please email excuses and dr’s notes to our Attendance Clerk, Deborah, at firstname.lastname@example.org within 5 school days. The student’s first and last name, date, and reason must be included for each absence. Attendance is taken at 10:00 am – if your student is not in the building at that time, they will be counted absent.
- Visitors can have lunch with students in the cafeteria. You must stop at the front office with proper ID and receive your name badge first. Report to the cafeteria to meet your child - only your child may sit with you – then check out with the front office when lunch has concluded. Classroom hallways are NOT OPEN to visitors during instructional time 7:30 – 2:55.
- The front office does not deliver. Your student will be called down from class to get any lunches, water bottles or forgotten items. Please LABEL all items with student’s name and teacher.
- We will NOT accept food from meal delivery services! Visitors may still bring restaurant food for their students.
- School gets out at 2:55 pm.
- Every family must choose ONE form of dismissal: Walker, Independent Walker, Car Rider, Bus, or After-School Care. If there are any variations to your student’s dismissal, these need to be on a SET SCHEDULE for the teacher to follow.
- Transportation changes are a LAST RESORT and will only be accepted for family emergencies/unforeseen circumstances. These are to be requested through Kaci in the front office by 2:00. 512-268-8501 or email@example.com. Teacher’s name must be included.
- The LATEST a student can be picked up early before dismissal is 2:15. PLEASE PLAN DOCTOR APPOINTMENTS ACCORDINGLY. It is your responsibility to know the student’s teacher when picking them up.
- Students MUST be picked up by 3:15 at the latest. The Front Office closes at 3:30.
- Please contact your student’s teacher prior to bringing treats – they will give you classroom allergy info and class count.
- Parents cannot attend birthday celebrations in the classroom. Birthday treats will only be handed out to students during the last 15 minutes of the day. Hays CISD recommends individually wrapped items (ex. Little Debbie treats). Homemade items will not be accepted. Please do not bring drinks! Balloons may NOT be taken into the school beyond the reception area.
- Parents are not allowed to bring food for other children for lunch – no “birthday pizza”, etc. for the class. This is strictly prohibited due to federal guidelines.
NEGLEY AFTER-SCHOOL OPTIONS
YMCA/Extend-a-Care – On site: 512-236-9622, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rocking Horse Academy: 512-405-3700
Stepping Stone Kyle: 512-268-0123
Stepping Stone Plum Creek: 512-262-7409
Kyle Bright Beginnings: 512-312-4341
Applications for free or reduced price meals will be mailed out to all families each year. A self-addressed, stamped envelope will be provided for the return of the application form. You may also complete the application online in English or Spanish! Click headline to access additional information & the online application.
January 24, 2023 from 6:00 - 7:30 PM at Lehman High School * 24 de enero del 2023, 6:30-7:00 PM a Lehman High School * For parents and students in the bilingual or ESL program. Special guest speaker Nestor Diaz. Topics include: assessments, course selection, mental health services, advanced academics. * Para padres y estudiantes en el Programa Bilungue o de Ingles como Segundo Idioma. Orador invitado especial Nestor Diaz. Los temas incluyen: evaluaciones, selección de cursos, servicios de salud mental, estudios académicos avanzados.
Hays CISD campuses will accept referrals for gifted and talented services from November 1 – 30, 2022. Referrals can be made in two different ways. The first option is to complete an online referral. The second option is to complete a paper referral. Copies of the paper referral form are available in the front office of each campus and should be returned to the campus counselor. *** Las escuelas del distrito Hays CISD aceptarán las referencias para servicios a alumnos dotados y talentosos a partir del 1 al 30 de noviembre. Las referencias se entregarán de dos maneras. La primera opción es completar un formulario en línea. La segunda opción es completando una referencia en papel. Las copias de la referencia en papel están disponibles en la oficina principal de cada campus y deberán entregarse al consejero del campus. Click headline or "Read More" for additional information including a link to the G/T Referral form.
EVERY SCHOOL DAY, EVERY CLASS MATTERS! Showing up for school has a huge impact on a student’s academic success starting in Kindergarten and continuing through high school. Missing 10 percent, or about 18 days, of the school year can drastically affect a student's academic success. Click headline above of "Read More" for tips to make sure your children don’t miss out.
Hays CISD's Department of Counseling & College & Career Readiness invites all SENIORS & their parents/guardians to a special event as we kick off the college application season: a Deep Dive into COLLEGE ADMISSIONS and FINANCIAL AID Wednesday, August 31, 2022 | 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM | at Hays CISD PAC | 979 Kohler's Crossing | Kyle, Texas 78640 COLLEGE ADMISSIONS REPRESENTATIVES & FINANCIAL AID ADVISORS WILL BE IN ATTENDANCE TO FACILITATE A WHOLE GROUP CONVERSATION/FORUM. THE COLLEGES/UNIVERSITIES THAT WILL FACILITATE THIS DISCUSSION WILL BE: * Texas A&M College Station * Texas State University * UT Austin * Concordia University * ACC Recruitment/Admissions & Financial Aid | Click Read More for event details.
We are pleased to share with you the 2022 – 2023 Hays CISD Back-to-School Newsletter & Tip Sheet. Save the link and refer back to it as many times as you need as you prepare for the upcoming school year. In addition to helpful links and resources for back-to-school, this year’s newsletter also address the district’s efforts to ensure safe and secure schools. | English: www.hayscisd.net/backtoschool2223 | Spanish: www.hayscisd.net/backtoschool2223spn