Guest Teachers (Substitutes)
Thank you for your interest in being a substitute teacher at Hays CISD.
At Hays CISD, we refer to our substitute teachers as guest teachers because we consider them guests in our home.
We value the work that you do as you contribute to our students' high-quality instruction each and every day.
Our guest teacher application is available for our current student teachers and Texas certified teachers. If you are not a current student teacher or certified teacher, please check back in July to complete the 23/24 application process.
New guest teachers can apply here.
Staffing & HR Systems Coordinator
(512) 268-8450 (direct line)
7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Monday - Friday
We recruit individuals who:
- Enjoy working with children from varied backgrounds and academic abilities
- Believe in the philosophy of "Excellence in Education"
- Know they can make a positive difference in the education of children
Why become a guest teacher?
- Work when you want
- Choose the age group of the students that you want to teach
- Set your own work schedule
- Have a second income
- Positively influence the lives of students
- Excellent interim job
- Different assignments daily
- Great experience for future teachers
- Provides extra income for retired persons