District Leadership Team (DLT)
Site-Based Decision Making
Hays CISD has an established site-based decision-making committee at the district level to advise the superintendent on educational goals and objectives. This committee is known as the District Leadership Team (DLT). The committee includes representatives professional staff, parents of students enrolled in the district, business representatives, and community members. Two levels of site-based decision making teams function within the district:
- District-level: District Leadership Team [DLT]
- Campus-level: Campus Leadership Team [CLT]
The construct and utilization of the District Leadership Team and Campus Leadership Teams, are in accordance to the Texas Education Code, Legal/Local Policy, and written administrative procedure (Sec. 11.251, Sec. 11.252, Sec. 11.253, Sec. 11.254, BQ Legal, BQ Local, BQA Legal, BQA Local, BQB Legal, BQB Local and Administrative Procedures as found in the 2018-2019 Hays CISD Plan for SBDM)
- Click here for a summary of Hays CISD CLTs and DLT.
- Click here for a list of current DLT Committee Members.
Role of the DLT
The DLT was established to advise the superintendent in the following roles:
- Establish and review the district's educational goals and objectives;
- Review major district-wide instructional programs identified by the board or superintendent;
- Analyze dropout rates, dropout prevention plans, and graduation rates;
- Approve staff development of a district-wide nature; and
- Serve exclusively in an advisory role.
Purpose of the DLT
- Be involved in establishing and reviewing the district educational plans, goals, performance objectives, and major classroom instructional programs;
- Assist in establishing the administrative procedure that defines the respective roles and responsibilities of those involved in the planning and decision-making at the district and campus levels;
- Address all pertinent federal planning requirements;
- Assist the superintendent annually in preparing, reviewing, and revising the District Improvement Plan;
- Analyze the district dropout rates, dropout prevention plans and graduation rates;
- Hold one public meeting annually after receipt of the district-level performance report to discuss the performance and the performance objectives;
- Advise district staff regarding the discipline management program including the student code of conduct;
- Participate in the development of, and approve, district-wide staff development;
- Be involved in the development of the appraisal process and performance criteria for teachers and administrators;
- As appropriate, provide written comments on requests for waivers submitted to TEA
DLT Meeting Dates, Agendas and Minutes
All Hays CISD DLT meetings will be held from 4:30-6:30 p.m. Most of the meetings will be held at the Performing Arts Center (PAC) located at: 979 Kohlers Crossing, Kyle, TX 78640. Three meetings will be held at the Kunkel Room located at: 300 San Marcos, Buda, TX 78610
2018-2019 DLT Meeting Dates, Agendas & Minutes plus Archived Agendas & Minutes can be found here.