Free & Reduce Price Meal Application FAQ
Do I need to fill out an application even though all of the students eat free breakfast and lunch?
- We encourage households to fill out an application this school year. Households eligible for free and reduced price benefits may be eligible for additional benefits from the state. Eligibility status will also carryover into the next school year's grace period.
Do I need to fill out an application every year?
- Yes, every school year each household is required to fill out an application for the current school year.
Where can I get an application?
- You can easily apply online at schoolcafe.com or you can get a paper application from the front office at your student's school and the Child Nutrition office.
Do I need to fill out an application if I already received a letter stating that my student/students are on the program for the current school year?
- If you already received a letter stating your student qualifies for free/reduced price benefits for the current school year, then you do not need to fill out an application.
Do I need to fill out an application for every student in my household?
- You only need to fill out 1 application per household.
Paper Applications & Additional Help
Both paper and online applications are available in both English and Spanish.
Please call the Child Nutrition office at 512-268-1336 if you need assistance or have questions filling out the application. All applications are processed on a first in-first out basis, and a letter stating the results of your application will be mailed home.