2022 Accountability: Hays CISD earned a 'B' (recognized performance) rating.
- 2022 Accountability Ratings Overall Summary
- 2022 Federal Report Card - Hays CISD
- 2022 Federal Report Card - State of Texas
- For more information: TEA's 2022 Accountability Webpage
2021 Accountability: All districts and schools in the State of Texas received a label of 'Not Rated: Declared State of Disaster'
2020 Accountability: All districts and schools in the State of Texas received a label of 'Not Rated: Declared State of Disaster'
2019 Accountability: Hays CISD earned a 'B' (recognized performance) rating.
Overall State Accountability Ratings are calculated on performance in three key areas.
- Student Achievement - For high schools and districts, performance on STAAR makes up 40% of the overall Student Achievement grade. College, Career, and Military Readiness makes up 40% and 20% is based on Graduation Rates. Elementary and middle schools Student Achievement grade is solely based on STAAR performance.
- School Progress - Measures how students perform on STAAR this year versus last year or how a district/campus compares to similar districts on progress standards.
- Closing the Gaps - Measures the % of different groups of students that are performing above targets set by the state in four areas - Grade Level Performance "Meets" on STAAR, Academic Growth/Graduation Rate, English Language Proficiency, Student Achievement in terms of CCMR.
Distinction Designations are awarded in recognition of outstanding achievement in specific areas. Campus distinctions are based on student performance in the areas listed below in comparison to forty similar campuses.
- Academic Achievement in Reading/English Language Arts (campus only)
- Academic Achievement in Mathematics (campus only)
- Academic Achievement in Science (campus only)
- Academic Achievement in Social Studies (campus only)
- Top 25 Percent: Comparative Academic Growth (campus only)
- Top 25 Percent: Comparative Closing the Gaps (campus only)
- Postsecondary Readiness (campus and district)
The new TXSchools.gov website contains interactive accountability rating summaries and detailed reports for each district, campus, and open-enrollment charter school in the state of Texas.
The Texas Education Agency evaluates public schools and districts under state accountability requirements. Hays CISD is committed to the vision that all Hays CISD learners will be academically prepared for college, career and life. Below are different accountability process, ratings and reports regarding the various types of accountability requirements for Hays Consolidated Independent School District.
Click the topic headlines below for additional information about accountability processes, ratings and reports.
Understanding the New A - F Ratings
The 85th Texas Legislature passed House Bill (HB) 22, establishing three domains for measuring the academic performance of districts and campuses: Student Achievement, School Progress, and Closing the Gaps. Districts will receive a rating of A, B, C, D, or F for overall performance, as well as for performance in each domain, beginning in August 2018. Campuses will receive A–F ratings beginning in August 2019. Read more on the Texas Education Agency website.
The Texas Education Agency awards an accreditation status to each public school district and charter school. The accreditation status is based on the academic accountability rating and financial ratings from the Financial Integrity Rating System of Texas. A district or charter must be accredited by the state to operate as a public school.
Texas Academic Performance Reports (TAPR)
2021-2022 Texas Academic Performance Report Public Hearing
Each year the Texas Education Agency (TEA) publishes performance reports for districts and campuses. The Texas Academic Performance Reports (TAPR) pull together a wide range of information on the performance of students in each school and district in Texas every year. Performance is shown disaggregated by student groups, including ethnicity and socioeconomic status. The reports also provide extensive information on school and district staff, programs, and student demographics. The Texas Academic Performance Reports for Hays CISD and the campuses within the district, are directly linked to the TEA website:
You can search the link for campus reports and the district report. If you would like a copy of this report provided to you in hardcopy, please ask your campus principal.
The school report card (SRC) combines accountability ratings, data from the Texas Academic Performance Reports (TAPR), and financial information to give a broad view of campus performance. Available for each campus in Texas, the SRC is intended specifically to inform parents and guardians about a school’s individual characteristics and its academic performance. School Report Cards for campuses within Hays CISD are directly linked to the TEA website:
- https://tea.texas.gov/perfreport/src/index.html (for school years prior to 2017-2018)
You can search the link for campus reports. If you would like a copy of this report provided to you in hardcopy, please ask your campus principal.
House Bill 3 (HB 3) amends Texas Education Code (TEC) to add Sec. 11.185 and 11.186 to include plans that target early childhood (EC) literacy and math proficiency and college, career, and military readiness (CCMR). More information can be found HERE.
The U.S. Department of Education requires each state to publish an annual report card with specific district- and campus-level data. Every district that receives Title I, Part A funding is responsible for distributing the state-, district- and campus-level report cards to each of its campuses, the parents of all enrolled students, and the general public. The federal report cards for the district and campuses within Hays CISD are directly linked to the TEA website:
You can search the link for campus reports and the district report. If you have difficulty accessing the information from the website, hard copies of the reports are available at the district or campus office. If you have questions about the information, please contact your campus principal.
Information Included on the Federal Report Card
To see information included on the Federal Report Card, please go to: