Early Childhood Programs
When children receive a quality early childhood education, they are better prepared to learn when they enter Kindergarten. Hays CISD is proud to offer halfday pre-K to eligible children who meet certain criteria at the following campuses:
- Blanco Vista Elementary
- Buda Elementary
- Camino Real Elementary
- Hemphill Elementary
- Kyle Elementary
- Science Hall Elementary
- Tom Green Elementary
- Uhland Elementary (opening August 2018)
Hays CISD offers half-day Pre-Kindergarten programs at 8 of our elementary campuses. Children must live in the Hays CISD attendance zones and be 4 years of age on or before September 1st.
Pre-K/K Registration for the 2018-2019 school year:
- April 26, 2018 - evening registration event
- April 27, 2018 - all day registration event
- General registration will open in June.
Morning Pre-K is from 7:35 am – 11:05 am.
Afternoon Pre-K is from 11:25 am – 2:55 pm.
Campus location and session times are determined based on the child’s home address.
Click here to view the Pre-K Street Listings/Campus Zones
In addition to the age and residency requirements, at least one of the following eligibility requirements must be met:
- Qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch (click here for qualification guidelines), including SNAP and TANF recipients, migrant children, and children participating in Head Start or Even Start
- Limited English Proficiency
- Parent is active duty military, was injured or killed while serving on active duty, or is missing in action (MIA).
- Foster Care
The following items must be presented to register for Pre-Kindergarten:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Address (Utility Bill, Lease or Home Closing Papers)
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Income (Pay Stubs, SNAP Eligibility or TANF Benefits Letter)
- Identification of parent or guardian
- Military Orders (if applicable)
- Foster Care Letter (if applicable)
For more information, please email Patty.Santoyo@hayscisd.net