Early Childhood Programs
When children receive a quality early childhood education, they are better prepared to learn when they enter Kindergarten. Hays CISD is proud to offer Pre-K to eligible children who meet certain criteria.
Beginning with school year 2019-2020 Hays CISD will offer full-day Pre-K at ten of our elementary campuses. Pre-K is an outstanding way to help your child prepare for kindergarten. If your child lives in any Hays CISD elementary school attendance zone and meets the federal guidelines to qualify for Pre-K, you can enroll your child for free.
Please note - campuses closed for PreK:
- Elm Grove Elementary - Full
- Fuentes Elementary - Full
- Negley Elementary - Full
- Tom Green Elementary - PreK not offered
- Uhland Elementary - PreK not offered
Pre-K Full Day Feeder Patterns 2019-2020
Home Campus English PK Bilingual PK Blanco Vista ES Blanco Vista ES Blanco Vista ES Buda ES Buda ES Science Hall ES Camino Real ES Camino Real ES Camino Real ES Carpenter Hill ES Carpenter Hill ES Science Hall ES Elm Grove ES Elm Grove ES Science Hall ES Fuentes ES Fuentes ES Blanco Vista ES Hemphill ES Hemphill ES Hemphill ES Kyle ES Kyle ES Blanco Vista ES Negley ES Negley ES Blanco Vista ES Pfluger ES Pfluger ES Science Hall ES Science Hall ES Science Hall ES Science Hall ES Tobias ES Tobias ES Blanco Vista ES Tom Green ES Science Hall ES Science Hall ES Uhland ES Hemphill ES Hemphill ES
Why is Pre-K important?
Pre-K activities build the foundation of academic, social, and emotional skills needed for school success. Students who attend Pre-K are less likely to need to repeat a grade or receive intervention services. And, students who attend Pre-K have higher graduation rates and even higher wages as adults!
Will my child qualify?
To qualify, children must be four years old on or before September 1, 2019 and meet one of the following qualifications:
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Be economically disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004)
I’m ready to sign up:
If you believe you meet the eligibility requirements for Pre-K, use the link below to pre-qualify:
I'm ready to register:
One you pre-qualify, you will need to present the following items to register for Pre-Kindergarten:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card (optional)
- Proof of Address (Utility Bill, Lease or Home Closing Papers)
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Income (Pay Stubs, SNAP Eligibility or TANF Benefits Letter)
- Identification of parent or guardian
- Military Orders (if applicable)
- Foster Care Letter (if applicable)
For more information, please email Patty.Santoyo@hayscisd.net