Early Childhood Programs
When children receive a quality early childhood education, they are better prepared to learn when they enter Kindergarten. Hays CISD is proud to offer halfday pre-K to eligible children who meet certain criteria at the following campuses:
- Blanco Vista Elementary
- Buda Elementary
- Camino Real Elementary
- Hemphill Elementary
- Kyle Elementary
- Science Hall Elementary
To attend Pre-Kindergarten, children must live in the Hays CISD attendance zones and be 4 years of age on or before September 1st.
Pre-K/K Registration for the 2019-2020 school year:
- April 25, 2019 - ONLINE registration opens
- April 25, 2019 - (evening tours of campuses)
- April 26, 2019 - (registration at campuses)
- General registration will open in June.
Morning Pre-K is from 7:35 am – 11:05 am.
Afternoon Pre-K is from 11:25 am – 2:55 pm.
Full day Pre-K is from 7:35 am - 2:55 pm.
Campus location and session times are determined based on the child’s home address.
In addition to the age and residency requirements, at least one of the following eligibility requirements must be met:
- Qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch (click here for qualification guidelines), including SNAP, TANF, Medicaid or CHIP recipients, migrant children, and children participating in Head Start or Even Start
- Limited English Proficiency
- Parent is active duty military, was injured or killed while serving on active duty, or is missing in action (MIA)
- Child is a dependent of a "Star of Texas Award" nominee
- Foster Care
The following items must be presented to register for Pre-Kindergarten:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card
- Proof of Address (Utility Bill, Lease or Home Closing Papers)
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Income (Pay Stubs, SNAP Eligibility or TANF Benefits Letter)
- Identification of parent or guardian
- Military Orders (if applicable)
- Foster Care Letter (if applicable)
For more information, please email Patty.Santoyo@hayscisd.net