PLEASE NOTE: Sunfield Elementary School will open August 2022. When a new school opens, attendance zones must be adjusted. The Board of Trustees approved a new attendance zone map on December 13, 2021. New maps that reflect the 2022-2023 changes are being created and will be posted in early 2022. The street-by-street listing that reflects the 2022-2023 changes are posted to the right. Here is the link to the attendance zone/rezone process: www.hayscisd.net/rezone.
Attendance zones for district schools are established by the Board of Trustees with input and recommendations from parents, the community, and an attendance zone committee. The district establishes attendance zones to:
1. Maintain the neighborhood school concept;
2. Prevent, reduce, and eliminate overcrowding;
3. Allow for future growth;
4. Keep distances traveled by students as short as possible;
5. Minimize the need for student transportation; and
6. Allow campuses to house students safely and provide adequate services to all students.
Students in Hays CISD attend schools in the attendance zones in which they reside unless they are enrolled in a magnet school, assigned to another school through an enrollment capping procedure or special program placement, assigned to another school for disciplinary reasons, or approved for continued enrollment or a transfer at another campus.
Hays & Lehman
(11th & 12th grades in 19/20; 12th grade only in 20/21; Map ends after 20/21)