NOTE: This page contains current information for the 2017-2018 school year. Some elementary school campuses will see changes in their attendance zones beginning with the 2018-2019 school year. Learn more about the upcoming changes at www.hayscisd.net/rezone.
Attendance zones for district schools are established by the Board of Trustees with input and recommendations from parents, the community, and an attendance zone committee. The district establishes attendance zones to:
1. Maintain the neighborhood school concept;
2. Prevent, reduce, and eliminate overcrowding;
3. Allow for future growth;
4. Keep distances traveled by students as short as possible;
5. Minimize the need for student transportation; and
6. Allow campuses to house students safely and provide adequate services to all students.
Students in Hays CISD attend schools in the attendance zones in which they reside unless they are enrolled in a magnet school, assigned to another school through an enrollment capping procedure or special program placement, assigned to another school for disciplinary reasons, or approved for continued enrollment or a transfer at another campus.
Attendance Zone Links:
Elementary School Maps:
High School Maps: