IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING PREK-12 BUS TRANSPORTATION FOR 2019-2020:
For PreK-12 transportation in Hays CISD, in order to receive bussing by Thursday, August 15th, the first day of school, your student must be fully enrolled by Monday, August 12th at 12pm (noon). Due to the bus routing process, if your student is not fully enrolled by Monday, August 12th at 12pm (noon), your student may not receive bussing until Tuesday, August 20th.
Pre-K - Full Day Programs
When children receive a quality early childhood education, they are better prepared to learn when they enter Kindergarten. Hays CISD is proud to offer Pre-K to eligible children who meet certain criteria.
Beginning with school year 2019-2020 Hays CISD will offer full-day Pre-K at ten of our elementary campuses. Pre-K is an outstanding way to help your child prepare for kindergarten. If your child lives in any Hays CISD elementary school attendance zone and meets the federal guidelines to qualify for Pre-K, you can enroll your child for free.
Please note - campuses closed for PreK:
- Buda Elementary - Full
- Carpenter Hill Elementary - Full
- Elm Grove Elementary - Full
- Fuentes Elementary - Full
- Negley Elementary - Full
- Tom Green Elementary - PreK not offered
- Uhland Elementary - PreK not offered
Pre-K Full Day Feeder Patterns 2019-2020
NOTE: Due to high enrollment, several schools have reached capacity for PK. Please see the chart below to determine where your child will attend PK for the 2019-2020 school year.
Registering for Pre-Kindergarten is an easy 3-step process:
1. Complete the online Pre-K Qualification Form
Children must meet certain qualifications to be eligible for the Pre-K program. Please click on the link below to complete the online Pre-K Qualification form. You will receive an email response with your child’s qualification status within 24 hours. (View the requirements for Pre-K qualification documentation)
- 2019-2020 School Year - link to Pre-K Qualification Form
2. Register your child.
Once you receive a confirmation that your child pre-qualifies for pre-K, online registration will be available.
3. Upload required documents during online registration or take documents to your child's Pre-K campus.
- Child's Birth Certificate
- Proof of Address
- Child's Social Security Card (optional)
- ID for Enrolling Person
- Child's Immunization Record
- Legal Documents, if applicable
View our Registration Documentation Requirements Guide for more information.