Info for Parents regarding Community Tuition Based Pre-K:
If you are inquiring about Community Tuition Based Pre-K, we are currently working through our seating process and contacting parents. As a reminder, spots are very limited and available on a first come, first served basis at four campuses: Carpenter Hill, Elm Grove, Buda and Sunfield Elementary Schools. At this time, we are very close to capacity.
We are looking forward to supporting you and your family and thank you for your patience as we work through this process!
Thank you for ALL you do,
Early Intervention Coordinator
Hays CISD is excited to offer a full day Pre-Kindergarten program for four-year olds! When children receive a quality early childhood education, they are better prepared to learn when they enter Kindergarten.
Hays CISD offers full-day Pre-K at thirteen of our elementary campuses. Pre-K is an outstanding way to help your child prepare for kindergarten. If your child lives in any Hays CISD elementary school attendance zone and meets the federal guidelines to qualify for Pre-K, you can enroll your child for free.
Why is Pre-Kindergarten important?
Pre-Kindergarten is an outstanding way to help your child prepare for Kindergarten. Activities build the foundation of academic, social, and emotional skills needed for school success. Students who attend Pre-Kindergarten are less likely to need to repeat a grade or receive intervention services, have higher graduation rates and even earn higher wages as adults! Click here for the Step Into Pre-K flyer
Pre-Kindergarten Qualification & Documentation
How does my child qualify for Pre-K?
What documents are required?
How do I begin the qualification & registration process?
How do I request a PreK transfer?
Pre-K Registration Information
Qualification and Online Registration for the 2023-2024 school year will open at 8:00 AM on April 27, 2023. Click here to begin the qualification/registration process for PreK.
- Thursday, April 27, 2023 from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM at elementary Pre-K Home Campuses.
- Friday, April 28, 2023 from 7:30 AM - 2:30 PM at elementary Pre-K Home Campuses.
Parents will attend the home campus or campus within your residential boundary zone with the following exceptions:
- Uhland Elementary zoned students and families will attend the registration events at Hemphill Elementary.
- Negley Elementary zoned students and families will attend the registration events at Elm Grove Elementary.
I’m ready to begin the registration process:
If you believe you meet the eligibility requirements for Pre-K, you will begin the online registration process when it opens on April 27, 2023. To qualify, you will need to upload the following documents when you register your child online:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card (optional)
- Proof of Address (Utility Bill, Lease or Home Closing Papers)
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Income (Pay Stubs, SNAP Eligibility or TANF Benefits Letter)
- Identification of parent or guardian
- Military Orders (if applicable)
- Foster Care Letter (if applicable)
Register for Pre-K on April 27, 2023
Click here to begin the qualification/registration process for PreK.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or
512-268-7356 ext. 45095
2023-2024 Community Tuition Based PreK Program:
- Hays CISD will offer a Community Tuition Based Option for the 2023 - 2024 school year!
- First come/First served
- Spots will be granted based on 100% completion of online registration application and verified documents on or before July 7, 2023
- Your child must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2023
- Based on AVAILABLE space at four campuses only: BES, SES, EGES, CHES
- Tuition Cost:
- Varies by school year.
- Campus placement will begin after July 7th providing enough time to notify your daycare before the first day of school on August 15, 2023 within a 30-day period.
- Parents must provide transportation to and from school (not eligible for Hays CISD bus transportation).
Please call our C&I Department at 512-268-2141 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Blanco Vista ES
Camino Real ES
Carpenter Hill ES
Elm Grove ES
Science Hall ES
Pre-K is not offered at NES or UES.
Students in NES attendance zones attend Pre-K at EGES, CHES or HES dependent on availability.
Students in UES attendance zones attend Pre-K at HES.