A BRIEF HISTORY OF THE SCHOOL
The first building on the site where the historic Buda School now stands was constructed in 1885. It was a two-story wood building. In 1908, a larger school was needed, so the building was sold and moved across the railroad tracks. A new two-story building was built on the site, with the first graduating class of six students receiving their diplomas in 1910. In January 1928, the Buda High School building was destroyed by a fire. A new school was built on the site, preserving the arch and the inside walls of the old school. In 1967, Kyle, Buda, and Wimberley consolidated their schools with one high school, and Buda High School became Buda Elementary. In 2017, voters approved a bond measure to build a new Buda Elementary campus to accommodate advances in technology, changes in education building requirements, and a growing student population.
Help us celebrate the legacy of the historic Buda School and mark the beginning of a new chapter in the institution's treasured story.
The above historical information was compiled and excerpted from People and Places In and Around Historic Buda by Mary Giberson and Barbara Younts, Press Corps Inc, Buda, Texas, 2003.
BUDA BULLDOG LINKS
Watch the New Buda Elementary Campus Come to Life
Your Printable Ribbon Cutting Invitation
Buda Legacy Day Webpage
Follow Buda Elementary on Twitter
Like Buda Elementary on Facebook
Visit the Buda Elementary Website
May 7, 2019 Ribbon Cutting Ceremony Program