SUMMER MEAL SERVICE SCHEDULE
IMPORTANT BENEFIT for FREE & REDUCED MEAL STUDENTS: Because of school closures from COVID-19, Texas received approval from the U.S. Department of Agriculture to provide more than $1 billion in pandemic food benefits to families with children that have temporarily lost access to free or reduced-price school meals. Pandemic-EBT (P-EBT) provides eligible families with a one-time payment for each child who previously received free or reduced-price meals. P-EBT works the same way Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) benefits do and will help families get the food they need during the current pandemic. P-EBT will be administered by the Texas Health and Human Services Commission, Texas Department of Agriculture and Texas Education Agency. Learn about eligibility and how to apply online: English or En Español.
Meal Service Information
Hays CISD will continue to offer breakfast and lunch through August 21, 2020:
- Meals will be served at select locations, but are free of charge to anyone 18 years old or younger (regardless of home campus or school district)
- Daily breakfast and lunch will be provided together
- Children are not required to be present to receive the meals, but proof that the meals are going to an eligible person is required, such as a:
- Student ID Card
- Student Report Card
- Attendance Record
- Official letter or email from a school listing the enrolled child
- Birth certificate for children not in school
Drivers or passengers may be asked to pick up their items from a table or tray instead of an attendant placing items into each car. Walkers will be directed to keep proper social distances. Please follow the instructions of the attendant on duty.
Hays CISD has 10,180 students on free or reduced meal plans out of a total district student population of 20,838.
Campus Service Locations
Campus service locations are open Monday - Friday from 7:00 am - 10:00 am, through August 21, 2020, at the following locations:
Science Hall Elementary
Note: Information can change quickly based on the health and safety needs of our school district and community family. Information posted here is the most current.
This institution is an equal opportunity provider