Hello Pfluger Falcons!
We are thrilled you are a part of the Pfluger family! I am the proud principal of Ralph Pfluger Elementary school. I am entering my 26th year in education. Prior to moving into administration, I taught first and third grade. I served as the Assistant Principal and Principal at Boone Elementary in Austin ISD for 20 years before moving to Hays CISD in 2016. I received my Bachelors and Masters degrees from The University of Texas at Austin.
I am passionate about public education and the success of our system. We aim to create educated citizens who actively participate in our amazing country. Your children deserve the best. The staff and teachers at Pfluger strive to provide the best academic, social, civic, and fine arts programs daily.
Pfluger earned 4 State Distinctions from the state for academics. I am proud to say we are the only school in the entire school district with this level of achievement!
Our mission is to foster within our extraordinary students a relentless passion for learning and to provide an environment that values high expectations, relationships and diversity.
We believe in:
- creating a positive, nurturing and safe learning environment.
- recognizing that each person contributes value to our diverse community.
- teaching the whole child (cognitively, emotionally, physically and socially) through innovation and creativity.
- forming connections to both the community in which we live and to the greater society
- creating an environment that encourages risk-taking.
- active parent and community participation.
We want YOU to be a part of our school community. There are so many ways to be involved, such as volunteering, meeting and communicating with your child’s teacher, attending special events, joining us for lunch, and so many more.
Be sure to follow us on Twitter, and thank you for being an important part of Pfluger Elementary, “Where Great Minds Soar.”