Veronica McBeth, RN
News from the Nurse
FREE DENTAL TREATMENT!!! St. David's Foundation will be on site beginning Sept. 7th to provide FREE dental treatment to students K-5. Please see the flyer and consent forms that will be sent home the first week of school. Please return the consent for EVEN if you do not wish for the treatment.
Flu Season will be upon us soon! Don't forget to have your child vaccinated for the flu! The sooner the better! We are working on have an ON SITE flu clinic for our students. Details will be sent out as soon as they are available.
Vision and Hearing screenings will be done this fall. More news to come on when they will take place.
If your student has a medical condition, please ensure the campus nurse is aware of any specific instructions.
Please ensure your student brings the following items to school each day: refillable water bottle (water fountains are closed), extra set of clothing, (shoes and socks for PK & K), and an extra mask if your child wears them to school.
Parents/guardians are expected to screen their students for COVID-19 symptoms each day prior to sending their student to school (including temp check). Parents must ensure they do not send a child to school on campus if the child has COVID-19 symptoms
- Temperature of 100 degrees Fahrenheit or higher when taken by mouth
- Sore throat
- New uncontrolled cough that causes difficulty breathing or for students with a chronic allergic/asthmatic cough, a change in their cough from baseline.
- Diarrhea, vomiting, or abdominal pain
- New onset of severe headache, especially with a fever
If your child has any of the above symptoms or is lab-confirmed with COVID-19, please do not send him/her to campus and contact me. Please call the campus nurse for instruction on how he/she may return to campus. We also recommend that you do not send your child to school if a household member has tested positive for COVID-19.
Currently there are 3 ways a student may return to campus if they have any COVID like symptoms:
- 10 days have passed since symptoms began AND improvement in symptoms AND 24 hours fever free (without the use of fever reducing medication) *ALL 3 must be met with this option
- They are cleared by a physician to return to school
- The student has had a negative PCR test result indicating symptoms were not due to COVID-19. A rapid antigen test will NOT be accepted.
What can you do to prevent COVID-19?
- Wash hands often for 20 seconds and encourage others to do the same
- If no soap and water are available, use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol
- Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue, then throw the tissue away
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Disinfect surfaces, buttons, handles, knobs, and other places touched often
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when you are sick
- Get vaccinated if your qualify for the COVID-19 vaccine
- Wear a mask
Veronica McBeth, RN
Science Hall Elementary School
(512) 268-8502, EXT. 42104