Mission, Vision, Beliefs & Goals
The mission of Hays CISD is to nurture students to become extraordinary citizens through unique, personal educational experiences through an innovative community of learners while celebrating our diversity and legacy.
All Hays CISD learners will be:
- academically prepared for college, career, and life
- effective communicators and collaborators
- globally competent and competitive
- prepared for life and citizenship
- Decision making is student-focused
- All students have the capacity to learn and be successful
- A safe and secure environment is essential
- Success is a shared investment that includes learners, educators, parents and the community
- In treating our educators and staff with dignity and respect
- The allocation of resources will support high quality learning
- An educated populace is essential to democracy
- High expectations lead to high achievement
- Open communication, transparency, and accountability build trust
- Inspired learning is the foundation of lifelong success
- Diverse and varied opportunities further learning
- Student success includes a well-rounded education that goes beyond standardized testing
Board & Superintendent Goals for 2020‐2021 (adopted August 2020)
Student Goal—Hays CISD believes in the achievement of every student. The District will evaluate and address the individual needs of each student. Students and parents/guardians will receive academic advising and will utilize data, based upon aptitude, ability, and career inventory data, to formulate their plan of study for high school credit beginning in the spring semester of their 7th grade year. Student performance will be evaluated in academics, college, career, and military readiness. Our staff believes in the education of the whole child and believes that success is based on more than the results of a single test, including social and emotional learning, strong interpersonal skills, and the development of positive members of society.
School Safety Goal—Hays CISD is dedicated to the safety of all students and staff. A safe environment must include secure facilities, staff and student training, and our adopted standard response protocol. The district will partner with local and state entities to assure preparedness. Specific areas addressed are physical and cybersecurity, data privacy, campus access, detecting and reporting possible threats, COVID19 safety/prevention planning/reporting, and maintaining an environment of trust between adults and all students. Our Emergency Operations Plan is updated annually, and followed throughout the district.
Board/Staff/Community Relations Goal—Hays CISD is dedicated to treating everyone with respect and dignity. Cultivating a culture of positive engagement and public service requires empathy, visibility, trust, and communication. Communication through all appropriate avenues is a priority, and staff will receive training in these areas. Our district is committed to increasing client engagement both internally and externally. Dr. Wright will release a weekly video “Wright this Minute” to help keep the Hays CISD constituents informed. Dr. Wright will create a Diversity Advisory Council to receive input from stakeholders to inform current practices in order to enhance district systems to reduce barriers and to create educational opportunities for students who are members of traditionally disenfranchised communities