Mission, Vision, Beliefs & Goals
Mission Statement (adopted 08/28/2023)
The mission of Hays CISD is to educate, value, and nurture students through innovative and personalized educational experiences while celebrating our diversity.
Vision Statement (adopted 08/28/2023)
All Hays CISD learners will be:
- highly sought-after for college, career, or military
- prepared for life and responsible citizenship
- effective communicators and collaborators
- resourceful and creative problem solvers
Beliefs (adopted 08/28/2023)
- Decision making is student-focused
- All students have the capacity to learn and be successful
- A safe and secure environment is essential
- Success is a shared investment that includes learners, educators, families and the community
- In being an unrivaled employee-friendly organization
- The allocation of resources will support high quality learning
- High expectations for all lead to high achievement
- Open communication, transparency, and accountability build trust
- Success is dependent upon a commitment to lifelong learning
- Diverse and differentiated opportunities further learning
- Student success includes a well-rounded education that goes beyond standardized testing
Hays CISD Board Goals for 2023-2024 (adopted September 25, 2023)
Student Achievement Goal -Through attention to individual students’ needs, each campus will demonstrate continuous improvement by showing academic growth and student engagement, including intervention and enrichment. The district will evaluate and address the individual needs of each student. Student performance will be evaluated in academics; college, career, and military readiness; and character and power skills education.
School Safety & Security Goal - A safe environment must include secure facilities, staff and student training, and our adopted standard response protocol. The district will partner with local, state, and federal entities to assure preparedness related to School Safety and Security.
Community Relations Goal - The district will foster a welcoming culture of positive engagement and public service. Our district is committed to customer service with timely and effective communication.
Finance Goal - The district will work to reduce the fiscal year 2024 deficit, working towards a balanced budget for fiscal year 2025.