Attendance zones for district schools are established by the Board of Trustees with input and recommendations from parents, the community, and an attendance zone committee. The district establishes attendance zones to:
1. Maintain the neighborhood school concept;
2. Prevent, reduce, and eliminate overcrowding;
3. Allow for future growth;
4. Keep distances traveled by students as short as possible;
5. Minimize the need for student transportation; and
6. Allow campuses to house students safely and provide adequate services to all students.
Students in Hays CISD attend schools in the attendance zones in which they reside unless they are enrolled in a magnet school, assigned to another school through an enrollment capping procedure or special program placement, assigned to another school for disciplinary reasons, or approved for continued enrollment or a transfer at another campus.
Attendance Zone Links:
21-22 Complete Street-by-Street Zone Listing
Feeder Pattern Chart
Elementary School Maps (All):
Hays & Lehman
(11th & 12th grades in 19/20; 12th grade only in 20/21; Map ends after 20/21)