Guidance & Counseling Resources
Addiction, Substance Abuse & Rehab Resources
Alcoholism and drug addiction destroy lives. True substance abuse rehabilitation is a process, but one that can lead to sustainable recovery. It often begins with drug and alcohol rehab, and extends beyond. There are also other addictions that your family member can have that are not drug or alcohol related. If you are looking for rehab locations throughout the United States or in Texas, use the link below to find the best location for the person you care about most. The service is free.
Communities in Schools (CIS)
Mission – Communities In Schools of Central Texas surrounds students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
Individualized Student Support
- Individual counseling, crisis intervention, mentoring, mediation, conflict resolution
- Group counseling (grief and loss, anger management, reducing risky behaviors, social skills development)
- Tutoring and academic support, goal setting activities
- Prevention and Engagement Services
- Leadership development activities (XYZone)
- Enrichment activities, field trips, service learning projects, college / career awareness activities
Hays HopeLine is a convenient and confidential way for students and parents to report bullying, harassment, school safety concerns, or any other personal crisis.
You can leave a tip 24-hours-a-day, any day of the year. However, the HopeLine is currently only monitored during regular school business hours. During the summer break, the HopeLine will not be regularily monitored by district staff. In the event of an emergency or immediate need, please call 9-1-1 or the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK (8255).