We will identify parts of plants, illustrate a plant life cycle and show how some animals depend on plants.
2. Create an animated drawing of a plant.
- animated plant growing
- show an animal depending on the plant (food, pollen, shade, shelter)
- at the END, label the plant parts: seed, roots, stem, leaves, petals
- copy the last frame about 15 times so that we will have time to read it
Remember....use LOTS of frames and only add a LITTLE TINY bit on each frame!
4. Play and Practice
Stem or Trunk or Branches
Leaf or Leaves
1st Grade Science TEKS
1.9 Organisms and environments. The student knows that the living environment is composed of relationships between organisms and the life cycles that occur.
1.10 Organisms and environments. The student knows that organisms resemble their parents and have structures and processes that help them survive within their environments.
1.10B Identify and compare the parts of plants.
1st Grade Technology TEKS
1. Creativity & Innovation: The student uses creative thinking and innovative processes to construct knowledge and develop digital products.
(A) apply prior knowledge to develop new ideas, products, and processes;
(B) create original products using a variety of resources;
(C) explore virtual environments, simulations, models, and programming languages to enhance learning;
(D) create and execute steps to accomplish a task;
(E) evaluate and modify steps to accomplish a task.
2. Communication & Collaboration
(C) format digital information, including font attributes, color, white space, graphics, and animation, for a defined audience and communication medium;
(D) select, store, and deliver products using a variety of media, formats, devices, and virtual environments.