Exemption Information and Exam Schedules may be found on the left toolbar as they become available.
Please review this exemption process for Fall 2021 semester exams.
- Students must have an 85+ average in Pre-AP/on-level courses, and 85+ in AP/6.0 weight courses. Teachers determine the course average for the student by adding the 1st 9 weeks report card grade with the 2nd 9 weeks grade and dividing by 2.
- Freshmen can exempt up to 2 exams (if they qualify), Sophomores up to 3, Juniors up to 4, and Seniors up to 5.
- Students that have been placed in ISS/OSS/DAEP during the Fall semester will NOT be eligible for exemptions. If a student has a debt, it must be cleared with the A.P. office BEFORE a teacher can grant an exemption.
- Please read our existing exam FAQ sheet HERE.
- 11/29 - Teachers will receive information on exemptions
- 11/30 - Students will receive exemption information (email from admin)
- 12/7 - Attendance Appeals due to AP Office (completed & with all documentation)
- 12/8 - “Cut off/snapshot” for exemption calculation (have all grades entered)
- 12/9 - 12/11 Students may request exemption from individual teachers
- 12/9 - 12/13 Teacher window for granting/denying exemption requests and entering exemption info on master list
- 12/15-12/17 Semester exams. See updated schedule HERE
- 12/17 - Grading Period Ends
- Students will email the teacher(s) of the course they wish to exempt. All emails will be standardized (Example: subject will read “Exemption request”) to allow teachers to easily store/sort/respond.
- Teachers will receive the email then check to see that the student qualifies- 85+ average (85+ for AP).
- Teacher will return the student’s email stating they are EXEMPT from that exam or NOT EXEMPT from that exam (and state reason why: grade average below 85 (85+ for AP), etc
Reminders and Answers to NEW FAQs:
- No Early exams. Students that miss with an excused absence/extenuating circumstance may make up a missed exam in January.
- Students that are exempt will still report to class during test time if they are on campus. Example: I am taking 1st and 3rd period exams, but am exempt from 2nd period. I will still report to 2nd period during exam time.