Private Duty Nursing

  • Hays CISD provides campus RNs for nursing care, but sometimes parents may wish to have additional care provided for children who have complex medical needs. Parents are financially responsible for this additional nursing care.

    It is the district's goal to work together to provide the best and safest educational experience for all students. In order to provide clear guidelines and expectations to improve safety of the children on campus and eliminate miscommunication, please refer to the Hays CISD Private Duty Nursing Guidelines for further information regarding private duty nursing care.

Private Duty Nursing Requirements

  • General Requirements:

    Prior to the start of each school year (for returning nurses), when there is a change in the nursing provider, or prior to a new student being served, Hays CISD requires:

    • A completed Request for Private Duty Nursing Authorization Form 
    • An executed copy of the Hays CISD Private Duty Nursing Services Agreement
    • An executed copy of the Hays CISD Parent Agreement for Private Duty Nursing Services

    Fingerprints Required: Any nurse who will be providing care for a student on campus must have fingerprinting completed and verified by Hays prior to serving students on campus. This is only completed one time. 

    Returning nurses: Nurses/agencies must submit the request for PDN services annually before the start of school. Fingerprinting should be on file with Hays CISD. Additionally, parents and nurses must sign new agreements each school year and upload. 

    New nurses: After receiving the completed Request for Private Duty Nursing Authorization Form, Hays CISD will provide a FAST Pass to the nurse to schedule a fingerprinting/background check. Appointments for fingerprinting must be made by the nurse in a Texas Education Agency approved FACT Clearinghouse for criminal history records, as required by law. 

Private Duty Nursing Authorization