Early Childhood Programs
Pre-Kindergarten Tuition Program:
At this time, we are working on communicating with all families who have indicated interest in our Tuition-based PK program that have not been fully registered on a campus. Our Student Information System (SIS) personnel and C&I team are pairing up to make phone calls and are also sending follow-up emails.
Please call our C&I Department at 512-268-2141 or email us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
When children receive a quality early childhood education, they are better prepared to learn when they enter Kindergarten. Hays CISD is proud to offer Pre-K to eligible children who meet certain criteria.
Hays CISD offers full-day Pre-K at fourteen of our elementary campuses. Pre-K is an outstanding way to help your child prepare for kindergarten. If your child lives in any Hays CISD elementary school attendance zone and meets the federal guidelines to qualify for Pre-K, you can enroll your child for free.
Pre-K Registration Information
Qualification and Registration for the 2022-2023 school year will open at 8:00 AM on April 28, 2022.
- Thursday, April 28 from 6:00 - 7:00 PM at elementary Pre-K Campuses.
- Friday, April 29 during regular school hours at elementary Pre-K Campuses.
Parents will attend the home campus or campus within your residential boundary zone with the following exceptions:
- Uhland Elementary zoned students attend Hemphill Elementary for Pre-K so Uhland ES families will attend the registration events at Hemphill ES.
- Sunfield Elementary zoned Pre-K students/families will attend the registration events at Tom Green Elementary. Sunfield ES staff will be there to visit with Sunfield Pre-K families.
View the requirements for Pre-K qualification documentation
Click here for the Step Into Pre-K flyer (pdf).
Click here to begin the Pre-K qualification/application/registration process.
Why is Pre-K important?
Pre-K activities build the foundation of academic, social, and emotional skills needed for school success. Students who attend Pre-K are less likely to need to repeat a grade or receive intervention services. And, students who attend Pre-K have higher graduation rates and even higher wages as adults!
Will my child qualify?
To qualify, children must be four years old on or before September 1 and meet one of the following qualifications:
- Be unable to speak and comprehend the English language
- Be economically disadvantaged, which means a student eligible to participate in the national free or reduced-price lunch program. Link to Income Eligibility Guidelines
- Be homeless, as defined by 42 United States Code (U.S.C.) Section 1143a, regardless of the residence of the child, of either parent of the child, or of the child's guardian or other person having lawful control of the child
- Be the child of an active duty member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who is ordered to active duty by proper authority
- Be the child of a member of the armed forces of the United States, including the state military forces or a reserve component of the armed forces, who was injured or killed while serving on active duty
- Be in, or have been in, the conservatorship of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following an adversary hearing held as provided by Section 262.201, Family Code
- Be the child of a person eligible for the Star of Texas Award as a peace officer (3106.002), firefighter (3106.003), or emergency medical first responder (3106.004)
I’m ready to begin the process:
If you believe you meet the eligibility requirements for Pre-K, use the link below to begin the process:
>> Qualify for Pre-K Here <<
I'm ready to register:
Once you qualify, you will need to present the following items to register for Pre-Kindergarten:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card (optional)
- Proof of Address (Utility Bill, Lease or Home Closing Papers)
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Income (Pay Stubs, SNAP Eligibility or TANF Benefits Letter)
- Identification of parent or guardian
- Military Orders (if applicable)
- Foster Care Letter (if applicable)
Questions?: Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 512-268-7356 ext. 45095
Blanco Vista ES
Camino Real ES
Carpenter Hill ES
Elm Grove ES
Science Hall ES
*Please note - Pre-K is not offered UES. Students in UES attendance zones attend Pre-K at HES.