Hays CISD is excited to offer a full day Pre-Kindergarten program for four-year olds! When children receive a quality early childhood education, they are better prepared to learn when they enter Kindergarten.
Hays CISD offers full-day Pre-K at thirteen of our elementary campuses. Pre-K is an outstanding way to help your child prepare for kindergarten. If your child lives in any Hays CISD elementary school attendance zone and meets the federal guidelines to qualify for Pre-K, you can enroll your child for free.
Why is Pre-Kindergarten important?
Pre-Kindergarten is an outstanding way to help your child prepare for Kindergarten. Activities build the foundation of academic, social, and emotional skills needed for school success. Students who attend Pre-Kindergarten are less likely to need to repeat a grade or receive intervention services, have higher graduation rates and even earn higher wages as adults! Click here for the Step Into Pre-K flyer
Pre-Kindergarten Qualification & Documentation
How does my child qualify for Pre-K?
What documents are required?
How do I begin the qualification & registration process?
How do I request a PreK transfer?
Pre-K Registration Information
Qualification and Online Registration for the 2023-2024 school year will open at 8:00 AM on April 27, 2023. Click here to begin the qualification/registration process for PreK.
- Thursday, April 27, 2023 from 6:00 PM - 7:00 PM at elementary Pre-K Home Campuses.
- Friday, April 28, 2023 from 7:30 AM - 2:30 PM at elementary Pre-K Home Campuses.
Parents will attend the home campus or campus within your residential boundary zone with the following exceptions:
- Uhland Elementary zoned students and families will attend the registration events at Hemphill Elementary.
- Negley Elementary zoned students and families will attend the registration events at Elm Grove Elementary.
I’m ready to begin the registration process:
If you believe you meet the eligibility requirements for Pre-K, you will begin the online registration process when it opens on April 27, 2023. To qualify, you will need to upload the following documents when you register your child online:
- Birth Certificate
- Social Security Card (optional)
- Proof of Address (Utility Bill, Lease or Home Closing Papers)
- Immunization Record
- Proof of Income (Pay Stubs, SNAP Eligibility or TANF Benefits Letter)
- Identification of parent or guardian
- Military Orders (if applicable)
- Foster Care Letter (if applicable)
Register for Pre-K on April 27, 2023
Click here to begin the qualification/registration process for PreK.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or
512-268-7356 ext. 45095
2023-2024 Community Tuition Based PreK Program:
- Hays CISD will offer a Community Tuition Based Option for the 2023 - 2024 school year!
- First come/First served
- Spots will be granted based on 100% completion of online registration application and verified documents on or before July 7, 2023
- Your child must be 4 years old on or before September 1, 2023
- Based on AVAILABLE space at four campuses only: BES, SES, EGES, CHES
- Tuition Cost:
- Varies by school year.
- Campus placement will begin after July 7th providing enough time to notify your daycare before the first day of school on August 15, 2023 within a 30-day period.
- Parents must provide transportation to and from school (not eligible for Hays CISD bus transportation).
Please call our C&I Department at 512-268-2141 or email email@example.com if you have any questions.
Blanco Vista ES
Camino Real ES
Carpenter Hill ES
Elm Grove ES
Science Hall ES
Pre-K is not offered at NES or UES.
Students in NES attendance zones attend Pre-K at EGES, CHES or HES dependent on availability.
Students in UES attendance zones attend Pre-K at HES.