Hemphill Elementary School History
The community of Hemphill, seven miles northeast of San Marcos was established about 1900 and named for its location on the William Hemphill land patent. The original Hemphill School was consolidated with that of Kyle in 1945. The community no longer exists. (from the Texas State Historical Association)
Hemphill Elementary School opened in 2000 as one of three “sister schools” (Hemphill ES, Fuentes ES and Elm Grove ES).
Hemphill Elementary School
3995 East FM 150
Kyle, Texas 78640
(512) 268-4688 - fax (512) 268-6208