I would like to welcome everyone back for the 2019-2020 school year. I am extremely excited to start my third hear at MMS. We had a good year last year and this year is going to be even better. As we begin a new year, I wanted to update you on what changes will take place as well as our goals for the coming year.
- We will open our doors at 7:45am each day. We will open up earlier when there is inclement weather.
- Students will be required to sign up for the after school late bus. We will teach students how to do this. Teachers will communicate with you if your child needs to stay after school but your child will be responsible to sign themselves up for the bus.
- We will be implementing restorative discipline on our campus. Restorative discipline focuses on repairing relationships with students who have conflicts. It also focuses on repairing relationships with students and teachers.
- We will continue to increase our student achievement on the STAAR test.
- We will increase our student attendance. Our goal is 96.5%
- We will decrease our referrals by 10%.
There is no doubt with teamwork, dedication, communication and commitment, we will reach our goals this year. I want you to know that my administration, teachers/staff, and I are 100% committed to providing a safe, nurturing, and positive environment for you and your child. We as the McCormick community will continue to strive to make MMS the best school in the state of Texas!
Thank you,James Cruz, Principal(512) 268-8508 ext: 42801(512) 698-7007 (cell)