Homebound Academy 2021-2022
IMPORTANT: ENROLLMENT IS CLOSED/DEADLINE TO SUBMIYT INTENT WAS 09-07-21
We are putting the final touches on our special COVID-19 Homebound Academy, hiring the needed teachers and staff, and leveling class sizes. For those who may still be interested in the program, we need you to submit your intent forms within the next two weeks.
- The deadline to submit an intent form is Tuesday, September 7, 2021, at 5:00 p.m.
- All doctor’s notes would then be due by September 15, 2021, for those who had submitted an intent form before the deadline.
Regular homebound services are open all year long; however, there very strict and specific medical requirements set by the state to qualify for regular 504-based homebound services.
Key Requirements and Considerations for the Hays Homebound Academy:
- Students will need a form signed by a physician providing the medical basis for the need for homebound instruction.
- Students will receive a minimum 4-hours per week of in-person instruction in the home from a certified teacher, combined with asynchronous school work and assignments
- Students in the program will not be able to participate in extracurricular activities.
Sign Me Up:
If you wish to declare your intent to have your child apply for the Hays Homebound Academy, follow these steps:
- Fill out the intent form online at: https://forms.gle/XKmNmDC3Qs3gXjiH6 (This will help us plan for staffing and resources)
- Download the required physician form and have it completed by a physician.
- Upload the completed physician form to: https://forms.gle/4svc85D5945rVxQ97
- Once your physician form has been submitted, the district will be able to contact you to complete the required steps to determine if your child is eligible and/or enroll your child in the Hays Homebound Academy.
For questions about the Hays Homebound Academy program or help with applying, contact:
- Jodie.Wymore@hayscisd.net (HBA Principal)
- Rachel.Hernandez-Eckert@hayscisd.net (HBA Assistant Principal)