• HSA is a post-tax benefit and is not part of the 125 Cafeteria Plan package. To be eligible for an HSA, you must be covered by a high deductible health plan (HDHP), such as ActiveCare 1-HD. You must not be covered by other health insurance, you must not be eligible for Medicare and cannot be claimed as a dependent on someone else's tax return.

    You can enroll in an HSA with an institution that provides HSA benefits if you are enrolled in a qualified HDHP. You will be responsible for setting up and funding the account directly with the financial institution. The district has partnered with A Plus Federal Credit Union (A+) to payroll deduct HSA contributions.
    Contact Information:
    A+ Federal Credit Union
    Buda: (512) 302-6800 / Toll-Free: (800) 252-8148

    2020 Annual Maximums:
    • Individual Only: $3,550
    • Family: $7,100
    NOTE: You are NOT eligible to contribute to the HSA if you are enrolled/contributing to the following:
    • Supplemental Medical Gap Plan; or
    • Healthcare Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
    Steps to Enroll:
    1. First, you must set-up an HSA with A+ Federal Credit Union;
    2. Complete and submit the HSA Deduction Change Form and submit via email to the: Employee Services Department 

    The district is not responsible for monitoring HSA contributions for tax compliance. Please seek advice from a qualified tax consultant or the Internal Revenue Service on tax rules and regulations for HSA or FSA accounts.