Medical PPO & HMO Plan Information
Guest Teachers (Substitutes) for Hays CISD are eligible for Medical coverage. The cost would be 100% paid for by the Guest Teacher.
Premiums are collected on the 1st business day of each month. If payment is not received by said date, then benefits are terminated due to non-payment. If terminated due to non-payment, the Guest Teacher would not be able to re-enroll until the next annual open enrollment.
- Substitute Medical PPO & HMO Rates
- BCBS Medical PPO Plan Highlights
- Scott & White (SWHP) Medical HMO Plan Highlights
- Medical Enrollment Form
All active Substitute and Non-Standard Hourly employees who work at least a minimum of 4 days per month are eligible for medical coverage. The employee has the choice of:
(1) his or her actively-at-work date, or
(2) the first of the month following the employee’s actively-at-work date Premium is billed for the full month in which coverage begins.
New hires must choose the effective date of coverage within 31 days after the actively-at work date. The online enrollment system will enroll you in Option #2. If you are interested in coverage effective your actively-at-work date, you must email the Employee Services Department within 31 days from your date of hire.
Your eligible dependents include : • Your spouse; • A child under the age of 26 who is: a natural child; an adopted child or child lawfully placed for adoption; a stepchild; a foster child; a child under your legal guardianship.
A Common Law Spouse is not considered eligible for coverage unless there is a Declaration of Informal Marriage field with an authorized government agency. To add a Common Law Spouse, please have proof of Declaration of Informal Marriage from the government agency that it was filed with and contact the Employee Services Department.
Grandchild under age 26 whose primary residence is the household of the employee and who is a dependent of the employee for federal income tax purposes for the reporting year in which coverage of the grandchild is in effect. To add a Grandchild, please have proof of your current Income Tax return that was filed with the IRS and contact the Employee Services Department.
Any Other Dependent under the age of 26 in a regular parent-child relationship with the employee, MUST MEET ALL (4) four of the following requirements:
- The child’s primary residence is the household of the employee;
- The employee provides at least 50% of the child’s support;
- Neither of the child’s natural parents resides in that household; and
- The employee has the legal right to make decisions regarding the child’s medical care.*
*This requirement only applies to children under the age of 18.
A dependent does not include a brother or a sister of an employee, unless the brother or sister is an individual under age 26 who is either: (1) under the legal guardianship of an employee, or (2) in a regular parent-child relationship with an employee, as defined in the “any other dependent” category above. Parents and grandparents of the covered employee do not meet the definition of an eligible dependent.
Note: It is against the law to elect coverage for an ineligible person. Violations may result in prosecution and/or expulsion from the TRS-ActiveCare program for up to five years.
Healthcare2U Membership Plan Information
Direct Pay through Healthcare2U
- Please visit Healthcare2U
- Click “Online Enrollment” on top right hand side of page.
- Choose “Texas” and update.
- Enter contact information and all required fields.
- Acknowledge all items under “Verification” by checking each item.
- Once you have gone through the process to elect coverage by clicking the link above “Healthcare2U” please copy your member ID number and go to the following URL to create your username and password Member Portal
- You will need to click “Need to register?” in order to create your account and access the member portal.
- Please note that you will receive a confirmation email that provides your Member ID in case you need it in the future.
- Please check your spam and/or junk folder if you do not receive this email within a few minutes of enrolling/registering.
Healthcare2U - Toll-Free: (800) 496-2805
*No walk-ins allowed. Healthcare 2 U’s unlimited services must be accessed through Healthcare2U’s Central Scheduling Department.
Medical Transport Solutions (MASA)
Direct Pay through MASA
To Enroll, click the link below and enter Promo Code: MASA4HCISD
MASA Customer Service - Toll-Free: (800) 423-3226
Emergency Access: (800) 643-9023
Policy #: HAYSCISD
Direct Pay through Nationwide
Effective Date: If enrolled on the 1st -15th, the plan will be effective on the 1st of the month following. If enrolled 16th – End of Month, the plan will be effective on the 1st of the following month after.
- Example 1: If elected between May 1 - May 15, then the plan would be effective June 1.
- Example 2: If elected between May 16 - May 31, then the plan would be effective July 1.
Nationwide Pet Insurance - Toll-Free: (877) 738-7874
Policy #: HAYSCISD