Exemption Information and Exam Schedules may be found on the left toolbar as they become available.
Please review the exemption process for Spring 2023 semester exams.
- No more than 4 absences, excused or unexcused, during the semester.
Remains the same as years prior.
- Students must have an 85+ average in Pre-AP/on-level courses, and 85+ in AP/6.0 weight courses.
- Teachers determine the course average for the student by adding the 3rd 9 weeks report card grade with the 4th 9 weeks grade and dividing by 2.
- Freshmen can exempt up to 2 exams (if they qualify), Sophomores up to 3, Juniors up to 4, and Seniors up to 5
- Students that have been placed in ISS/OSS/DAEP during the Spring semester will NOT be eligible for exemptions.
- If a student has a debt, it must be cleared with the A.P. office BEFORE a teacher can grant an exemption.
- 5/1 - teachers receive information on exemptions
- 5/5 - students receive exemption information (email from admin)
- 5/11 - Attendance Appeals due to AP Office (completed & with all documentation)
- 5/16 “Cut off/snapshot” for exemption calculation (have all grades entered)
- 5/16 - 5/18 Students may request exemption from individual teachers
- 5/16 - 5/18 Teacher window for granting/denying exemption requests and entering exemption info on master list
- 5/19 - 5/25 Semester Exams. See updated schedule HERE
- 5/25 - Grading Period Ends
- Students will email the teacher(s) of the course they wish to exempt. All emails will be standardized (Example: subject will read “Exemption request”) to allow teachers to easily store/sort/respond.
- Teachers will receive the email, then check to see that the student qualifies- 85+ average (85+ for AP) as well as check to see if any student debt is owed.
- Teacher will return the student’s email stating they are EXEMPT from that exam or NOT EXEMPT from that exam (and state reason why: grade average below 85 (85+ for AP/owe debt)
- No Early exams. Students that miss with an excused absence/extenuating circumstance may make up a missed exam in June.
- Students that are exempt will still report to your class during test time.
- Students with debt will be cleared as soon as payment is received. Debt is paid in the AP Office.