(Decision made by Superintendent no later than 5:00 a.m.; Communicated to stakeholders by 5:30 a.m.)
A decision for delayed start has a significant impact on a large number of students throughout the district. All pre-K is canceled; and special education programming scheduled for less than four hours is canceled.
Certainly, when safety is jeopardized, the district will not hesitate to make the change, but we try to collect as much information as possible to make the best possible decision. State education funding and the state assessment schedule are not factors in any weather decision. There have been changes to the way school days are counted now, but please know it is possible that students might have to make up inclement weather days, and will have to make up state exams. The school calendar and the state testing schedule include pre-selected inclement weather makeup days.
- There will be a minimum two hour delay for all school operations. (For example, if your bus normally picks you up at 6:44 a.m., plan to be ready for pickup at 8:44 a.m.. If the school bell begins at 7:40 a.m., then be prepared to arrive at school by 9:40 a.m.). Schools will dismiss at normal times.
- All morning activities are canceled.
- All Pre-K (AM and PM) is canceled
- Please visit the Bus Information Hotline on our website for road closures affecting district bus routes.
- If weather and road conditions prevent safe travel, please do not jeopardize your safety.